Terms and Conditions
Inevitably, there does have to be some T’s & C’s but we will always endeavour to keep them to an absolute minimum We are, however, obliged to make you aware of our PRIVACY STATEMENT in accordance with the new General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) that came into force on 25th May 2018.
Summerfield Ventures Ltd (SVL) and its trading name of Summerfield Campsite takes your privacy very seriously. If you make an enquiry to SVL or the campsite we will respond to you on the basis that you agree to our retention of your contact details in both digital and/or written form for the purposes of response and information concerning the facilities and activities and booking process of SVL and the Campsite. We will keep the minimum amount of information necessary to facilitate an efficient booking and information system. We will not intentionally pass or otherwise disclose any of your information to any third party without your express written permission. You are entitled to request that we provide or remove any information that we hold about you. For the avoidance of doubt, we do not retain or store any credit/debit card information on our systems.
Terms and Conditions
NOTE: These T & C’s will be developed and extended as circumstances dictate.
- We aim to provide a safe camping environment. However, you will appreciate that this is open ground in the countryside and is subject to the changing weather conditions. This, by its very nature, will present trip hazards and other risks over which we have no control and for which we cannot accept any responsibility. Please take care and do not hesitate to report anything you consider to be an actual or potential risk immediately.
- We want every visitor to enjoy their stay at Summerfield Campsite but it is a fundamental condition that each visitor to the site must behave in such a way so as not to unduly disturb or have a negative impact on the enjoyment of other visitors.
- Campsites are not generally noisy places but, for the benefit of other campers and young children, and also village residents, noise levels must be kept to a minimum from 11 pm. We do not allow the use of ‘open source’ music systems (Radios, stereos etc.). Personal music systems using headphones or earbuds are perfectly acceptable. We must advise that it is illegal to play ‘open source’ music after 11pm.
- Our experience has shown that Disposable Barbecues can be anti-social under certain conditions due to the levels of smoke generated. They have also been shown to present significant Health and Safety risks if not operated strictly in accordance with the instructions. Accordingly, we have taken the decision to prohibit the use of these on the site. All other types of gas and charcoal barbecues are acceptable.
- All bookings for camping pitches or the apartments are only regarded as ‘secured’ upon receipt of a non refundable deposit of 50% of the total pitch fees. Please be aware that this deposit is non refundable except in the vent of a booking being cancelled by Summerfield Campsite.
- Summerfield Campsite is a trading name of Summerfield Ventures Ltd. This Company is the site operator and cannot accept responsibility for loss or damage to visitors property howsoever caused as it is not possible to consider the site ‘secure’.